- Category: Passport
- Published: Wednesday, 29 July 2009 18:30
- Written by sonal
- Hits: 13179
Contrary to popular belief, re-issue of your passport in tatkal scheme is failry simple process provided you have the necessary documents. So what do you do for this
- Go to the website http://passport.gov.in/cpv/TatkalScheme.htm
- Out of the 14 documents listed, you need any three. Out of these three atleast one should have your photo.
- Once you have these documents, you additonally need an affidavit in Annexure I. This is also quite simple. Go to a notary and get it done on a stamp paper.
- Once you have ensrued that you have the above four, go to https://passport.gov.in/pms/Information.jsp and fill out the online form to get an appointment. This is the preferred way as this avoids any spelling mistakes in your new passport.
- On appointment day,
- go there a couple of hours early.
- Carry minimum 3 photocopies of your docs and put your signature on each. Also carry the originals.
- Dont forget to attach your degree certificate or else you will get ECR stamp on your passport even if your old passport has ECNR.
- And ofcrouse carry the cash as mentioned in the site for Tatkal Scheme.
Thats it. This should get you a renewal of your passport. You will get it within 4-5 working days. Keep a good rappo with the postman so that he will give it to your family members if you are not at home during delivery. Otherwise you will have to go to the post office :-)